Girlfriends Day Trip: Historic Downtown Liberty
Grab a few friends and head to downtown Liberty for a day of shopping, painting and more! We started our day channeling our inner Picaso with a painting class at Blanc Palette, a local paint and sip social painting shop. If you're particular about what you want to paint, check out Blanc Palette's online calendar
before you register for the class.
Since we were done painting in just a couple of hours, it was time to hit the shops. Downtown Liberty has a variety of local boutiques all within a few blocks:
- Nickel & Suede: This trendy jewelry store is going gang busters around Kansas City. Once you're familiar with the store's line of leather earrings, you'll start noticing them everywhere. The earrings are billed as "life changing, light weight leather earrings" that give you the dangly earring look without the added weight of a metal earring. The earrings come in a few sizes and styles. Our picks: My favorite is the accent style. This brown leather is a great neutral. Looking for something a little more bold? Try these gypsy teal teardrop earrings.
- Bittersweet and the Little Soap Company: If you're a lover of locally hand made goods, this is the shop for you. Come in for hand made soaps, lotions, bath bombs and more. These goodies leave your skin feeling luxuriously soft (and also make great gifts). As an added bonus, Bittersweet has recently started selling a bohemian chic line of clothing. Our picks: Throw the scented towelettes in your purse to freshen up on-the-go.
After walking up an appetite, here are a few of our suggestions to grab a bite:
- Breakfast at Ginger Sue's: The cinnamon roll pancake is always a big hit. Menu »
- Lunch at Morning Day Cafe: Try the hot mess dip appetizer, it's addicting. Menu »
- Dinner at Rock & Run Brewery and Pub: We went for the BLT. It was loaded with bacon, just how we like it. While you're there, grab one of Rock & Run's locally brewed beers! Menu and tap list »
- Desserts at Classy Chocolate: Satisfy your sweet tooth with brownies, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries and an assortment of chocolates all available for carry out. Menu »